Sunday, January 21, 2007

Cognitive Developments

There will always be moments that will take me by surprise. Sudden cognitive leaps that will catch me off-guard. Today, while taking a left to head toward 1A, Aenaon exclaimed, "No! I don't like this way! Go different street! Go that way!" And I immediately laughed, as it was funny to hear such a strong opinion about our choice of roads.

Later in the day, when he was riding in the back seat, with ginger candy in one hand, and soy chips in the other, he observed, "Too much junk food" (again, to laughter). And this evening, after waking with much lingering trauma from sleep deprivation (which is wont to happen when he naps too late in the day, and is extrememly overtired) he cried for some time, with much dramatic flair, and I was holding him in a chair at one point (he had been offered water, milk, limonata, dinner, ginger candy- all of which he refused), so admist the tears he suddenly uttered, "Want more junk food." (with spontaneous laughter again from my quarter-- ah! what is one to do?!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home