Friday, August 25, 2006

In all honesty Aenaon is no longer "the healthiest eater ever" (as so many people have called him). And there is no one to blame for this besides myself. Of course, that's one of the trickiest aspects of parenthood. You're children aren't going to be better than you (in terms of their habits) if you're teaching them through your own actions (which is inevitable). I would love to have children that ate only fresh fruits and vegetables and grains, ideally, everything organic, and most often raw. But our reality (or mine, I should say) is far from this still. And since I buy numerous processed products and things for me to snack on (such as soy chips, veggie booty, crackers, pretzels, or something similar) Aenaon now wants to eat these. And often he'd prefer such to his regular meal. I mentioned earlier that I gave him "ice cream" (generic term for something similar) myself-- and I hear requests for ice cream, or popsicles, numerous times a day. What's more, when he finishes any such cold treat (an adult's serving at times) he immediately requests more. I broke my own rule- and I'd almost say it's not worth it- except for the fact that there's something really sweet in just how badly he wants it, or rather, how thrilled he is when one satifies his desire/request. It's some type of fulfilling, but I guess not the kind that is out of purity, goodness and complete positivity.

Papi takes the cake right now, however. He just came home with dried mango, and fresh mango (which might tie ice cream for the number one request still)- so everyone's mouths, bellies and desires are satisfied now! (It's a little harder now that we only have one car to go out and get basic things at the time they're desired. We've been managing all right with public transportation, but spontaneous and quick missions are sort of out of the question with our new transportation arrangement.)

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home