Thursday, June 01, 2006

Mom said we were taking a hiatus from blogging. And I said, "that's okay, mama...whatever that is." So here we are, back again.

My mama and papi have been a bit worried about me lately (they don't tell me this in so many words, but I can see it on their faces). See, I',m turning two tomorrow. The big 2. T-oh-oh. Or "No-no". The "terrible" two. I guess I've seemed more in line with this colloquial phrase lately. I'm a terrible two. (I can't believe Mom just typed that!) No, not terrible. But I've developed a few new habits over the past week that are a bit grating. Mom's still not convinced that it's not sleep deprivation. But basically, I've begun to release a cross between a lion's roar and a monkey's cry when I don't get the immediate reaction I want. (Too bad this thing doesn't have audio.) It's not a very endearing sound, put it that way. And, well, I guess I figured since that was the case, that no one could stand it for too long, so they'd have to yield, and provide whatever it is I wanted. I've also taken to taking a big mouthful of liquid, and letting it dribble down my front (even in public places). And I've been stepping up my Adara attacks. I will do the running body slam or the roll and kick, push, pull or force in some other manner, until I am physically removed from the scene. In fact, mom thinks that's part of the reason I do it- to get her reaction- but I'm not divulging any secrets yet.

Other than that I am my usual self. I still smile and wave at lots of people. And I greet all the cars and trucks and buses and trains. I'm particularly into ditch-diggers right now. And I must have my travelling companion confirm whatever it is that I'm pointing out, otherwise I get upset.

And, of course, I still love fruits. I can eat hordes of it. It never ceases to impress people. In fact, in the supermarket today I kept calling out "More boop!!" "More boop!" as my mama wheeled us through the aisles. If one's hearing wasn't exact it might sound like I was excited to buy more poop. But, of course I was saying fruit.

Mom saw a book full of little "lessons I learned from my children", and she said "man, I can write that" so she started to write down a list of observations of what I do that can serve as inspirational (or just plain humorous) life-lessons or inclinations.

And for those of you who don't know this about me, I'm a capers fiend. I can down a bottle in less than a day. Which, at four dollars a bottle (jar) is an expensive habit. My mom bought me some for my birthday, but I've just spotted them, so I'm havng my first bowlful now. (They might not last until tomorrow...)

I've also been really into nursery rhymes lately. Mom is always amused by the ways they've been edited (or not) since she was a child. For example, the baa-baa black sheep has wool for the little boy who lives (already finished my first serving of capers) down the lane (as opposed to none for the boy whe cries in the lane). There are endless examples. As for the poorly edited, our collection of rhymes has rock-a-by baby, etc. who falls when the "bow" breaks. Mom thought, is this baby on a ship in the tree, or did I just dream up that there's such a thing as a bough (sleep-deprivation). But no, indeed, trees do have boughs, and cribs don't have bows. And there are "lot's" of other examples I've seen, too. Good thing these kids can't read yet! (Justy finished second serving of capers, jar was already half gone...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home