Wednesday, May 24, 2006

TOUGH NIGHT

Well, I hate to tell you the fly returned. And unlike my mama wrote yesterday, I do now say fly (well, it might sound a little more like "vy", but I haven't said "wa" for fly in a long time- relative to my time, of course). So I didn't really get to take much of a nap yesterday. And in my tired condition, I managed to fall over on the sidewalk, and due to its unkempt condition, a rusty nail was waiting, right where I fell, and dug itself into the side of my head- right next to my temple.

I went to the hospital, though, and the "gagur" helped my "boo boo" by putting on some adhesive to repair my skin. Writing like this is tiring. Let me tell mom to sum up.

Highlights this week:

Very into Cars and Trucks and Things That Go book. Made mom read the same passage to me about 17 times yesterday (that was a first). It was the part about eating fresh corn before cooking it. My mom thinks I liked it because she's said the same thing to me. And every time she read it I laughed and said, "again".


"Auntie Pastry and Cousin Willie are selling fresh corn. It looks so good, Pa just can't wait to take a bite.
"No, Pa," says Ma. "Don't eat it yet! Wait until I cook it!"





Well, I'll bet you want to see my cool bandaid. Everybody told me how neat it was. And I reminded myself throughout the day about my boo boo, and the doctor, and my band aid. Everyone in the ER said I was really good. So good for my age. Everyone was proud of me. I was a little scared, and when it was all over I cried to let off some steam. But other than that, I kind of enjoyed the new experience. And I got to wear some really fun scrubs!

Other things I'm saying:

I answer most all yes or no questions. I can say whether I like or want something. I am very helpful and can retrieve all sorts of daily objects for mom. I am still a little overzealous in my affections and actions toward my sister. But if she ever coughs, I am the first one to pat her back (in case she's choking), and if you ask if she's okay, I'll tell you that she is.

I like to talk to people on the phone now, and I usually tell them the things I have either just done, or want to do.

This morning the first thing I said upon waking was "Lanna". (She's my friend.) Mom assumed I was having a dream about her, because I've never said anything like that upon waking before. I did later reiterate that I'd like to go to the park (and the beach, in particular) with Elanna, but that never got to happen. Mom forgot her phone today.

For the past four or so months, my hands-down favorite book was Harvesting Hope, The Story of Cesar Chavez. I love to chant "Viva la Causa" and "Si, se puede". And when we drove past the immigrant protests on May 1st, Mom rolled down the window so I could raise my fist and chant in solidarity with the protesters. It was fun. (It made a historical lesson very relevant, and imbued the situation with a whole new dynamic.)


Here's my boo-boo. I'm eating a piece of dried mango, here. I really love it, but for some reason, I get a kick out of calling it pumpkin- even though I used to call it mango. That's the way it goes with language acquisition. It's plastic in many regards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home